Born and raised in Toronto, Lis developed an appreciation for art from her parents who were avid collectors. She earned a BA in Fine Arts from the University of Waterloo, and continued her education at Ryerson University in Fine Arts and Fashion Design. Lis received her signature status from the Federation of Canadian Artists in 2011, and has won several awards. She has also completed numerous commissions, many of which have been graphite portraits of children.
Lis has lived in Warfield, BC since 1991, where, along with her love for painting, she enjoys kayaking, skiing, and quality time with her husband and two daughters.
“I began working in watercolour and graphite, but now primarily use acrylic paint. I find it has given me the freedom to apply colour in a much bolder way than I ever dared to before. I am fascinated by reflections and the way a shadow wraps around, and envelops an object to create interesting patterns. My subject matter ranges from figurative to landscape, but I especially enjoy painting still life, all in a highly representational style.
Lis can be contacted at: email@example.com
- 2012 FCA Third Prize for “Pepper, Pepper, Pepper, Salt”, West Kootenay Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists Juried Chapter Show, Castlegar, BC.
- 2011 Juror’s Gold Award for “Chillin’ with Jimmy & Don”, WKC of the FCA Juried Chapter Show, Trail, BC.
- 2010 Juror’s Bronze Award for “Bumper Crop”, WKC of the FCA Juried Show, Nelson BC.
- 2009 Award of Excellence for “French Revolution”, Chapters Show, Federation of Canadian Artists, Vancouver, BC.
- 2008 Juror’s Gold Best of Show Award, and Peoples’ Choice Award for “Sink or Swim”, WKC of the FCA Juried Chapter Show, Castlegar, BC.
- Award of Excellence for “San Francisco’s Finest”, Landscapes Show, Federation of Canadian Artists, Vancouver, BC.
- Award of Excellence for “Vessels”, Red & Gold Show, Federation of Canadian Artists, Vancouver, BC.