MaryAnn Bidder is a self taught artist living in Kimberley, BC, Canada and likes her work to tell a story and express a sense of mystery.
She loves painting old buildings and now as a painter can capture the structure only to imagine what went into building it. She often thinks, if only this old building could talk: imagine the memories, the happy times, the sad times and the forces of nature they withstood. The color of the wood has faded and so has their past, sadly, soon to be torn down and eliminated permanently from our landscape.
For 15 years MaryAnn was a part time artist and a floral designer, receiving her FTD Masters in Floral Design. Now she devotes all her time to the arts.
An Active member of the Federation of Canadian Artist for 11 years, MaryAnn has had many paintings juried into the Federation Gallery in Vancouver BC, Canada.
Throughout the years she has attended workshops by various artists including Alan Wylie, Jean Pederson and Marilyn Timms.
- Peoples Choice Award – Federation of Canadian Artist 2011 (West Kootenay) “ Visible Past”
- Third Prize Award – Federation of Canadian Artists – Oct 2009 –“Soapstone Carving”
- Arts on the Edge Award (Basin’s Best) – August 9 – 2008 “ Enter at Your Own Risk”
- FCA Silver Award – West Kootenay Show -– – 2008 “CP Rail #1, Nelson BC”
- FCA Award – Human Figure –, March 2007 “Reflections From the Past”
- ArtsAround awards – Basin’s Best – 2001, 2002, & 2003
Memberships / Affiliations
- juried into the International Guild of Realism in 2012
- Federation of Canadian Artists
- Federation of Canadian Artists – West Kootenay Chapter
- Kimberley Arts Council (Board Member 2004 – 2006)
- Cranbrook Arts Council
- Columbia Valley Arts Council
- American Art Collector – September 2012 “Lock Up” juried into 7th annual International Guild of Realism Show in Carmel California
- International Artist Magazine – “Mayook Memories” Feb – March 2009
- Art of the Kootenays – Hard Cover Book by Karla Pearce – Nov 2009